Prior to 1.0.9, our last update of ZM AJAX Login & Register was sometime in December 2014. Since then, we’ve focused our energies on providing support for our ALR Pro and developing our new plugin, Carrier – An email subscription plugin for WordPress.
Almost 4 months ago we released a slew of new features for AJAX Login & Register Pro version 1.1.2; with our most requested feature being the custom login logo. In our latest release we’re listening to our audience even more.
Whats New In Version 1.2?
We’ve taken a proactive anti-spam approach by implementing Google’s reCAPTCHA service, added a redirect per role, custom login & register text, and added a user profile shortcode. Existing customers, how to Update? – Make sure you have an active license and you’ll see the update notice in the WordPress admin dashboard!
This year we launched our premium WordPress plugin 2014 store. Also known as the Zane Matthew store or the ZM Store. Products featured in the store include, premium WordPress plugins, themes and priority support.
The ZM Store
The very first two products in the store are ZM AJAX Login & Register Pro which, encompass new features that go beyond our FREE version located in the WordPress Plugin Repository and, our Priority Support plans.
Priority support is a must as we expand our reach and, users seek support assistance that requires our time and energy.
More Premium WordPress Plugins 2014 To Come!
We’re especially thrilled that the store will enable us to share other plugins that have also been in development mode or that we use as in-house solutions. We’ll be unveiling the next new plugin by the end of the month! Stay tuned for more premium WordPress Plugins 2014 to come.
For the latest regarding our premium WordPress Plugin and Theme releases follow us on twitter at @zanematthew.
Enhancements and bug fixes in 1.0.7 update
Instructions and settings
- Enhancement: Added “usage” section to the settings page, #21
- Enhancement: Added Facebook Login instructions, #51
Facebook login enhancements
These new features encompass ways that the admin can integrate the Facebook login. We’ve updated the code to reflect the latest Software Developer Kit (SDK) from Facebook.
- Enhancement: Improved Facebook Login set-up by updating to v2.0 SDK, #50
- Enhancement: Facebook Login with phone number is now supported, #52
- Enhancement: Facebook Login now saves; first name, last name, and Facebook URL with the user profile, #50
- Enhancement: Facebook OG tags should no longer be duplicate, they can be left blank if another plugin is already implementing them, #42
Admin options for improving the UX
- Enhancement: New users can now link to the Registration form from the Login form and existing users can link from the Registration form to the Login form, #16
- Enhancement: Improved user registration interaction, #44
- Enhancement: Improved support for Login and Register dialogs on mobile devices, #46
- Bug: Fixing bug where some users reported user name existed with Facebook Login, #48
Important considerations for previous translations
This 1.0.7 version includes new settings and instructions which have not been updated in French or Russian languages. We’ve reached out the previous translation authors and requested translation help. Once we obtain an updated translation, we will release a version that will reflect those changes. The Spanish translation is updated to reflect 1.0.7 changes.
Upcoming translations: Albanian, Turkish and Serbian
We’ve had translation requests for Albanian, Turkish and Serbian. Once these language updates are made, we will release a new plugin update reflecting those translation changes. Thank you to all translators who make ZM Ajax Login & Register accessible to the worldwide WordPress community.
Last week we dove into the zM Ajax Login & Register support forum and added bug fixes and enhancement suggestion to the 1.0.6 update list. Today, we’re thrilled to share with you the new release.
In a nutshell, here are the updates/bug fixes:
- Dialog/Modal is now closed if the user scrolls, issue #34
- Dialog/Modal is no longer draggable, issue #35
- Addressed compatibility issues with Easy-to-use issue #38
- Bug fix: Facebook Meta Tags issue #41
- Plugin now available in French! Thanks to Thomas G for taking time to translate the plugin to French!
- Plugin available in Spanish too!
Moving forward with support related questions to all zM Plugins/Themes:
Beginning next week, we’d like users to send support related questions to zM AJAX Login & Register Support Forum.
For all plugins and Themes visit support.zanematthew.com.
Support related features suggested but not included in this update:
We’re in the process of extending the functionality of the plugin and will keep you all informed when we have the next update available.
Big thanks to active support forum users!
This latest update would not be possible without support forum users who reach out to us. Having your feedback helps us improve what we make and also improves the experience of all plugin users.
We’re really excited that this month we exceeded our 24,000 mark for downloads. Most importantly, we’re listening to feedback provided via the forum. Of course there is still room for improvements and updates. For those of you that are brand new to the plugin, here is a synopsis of what it does and how you can integrate with your existing WordPress site. We invite you to download the plugin zM Ajax Login & Register 1.0.5.
Key Plugin Features:
- Facebook login support
- Redirect users to a custom URL or page after login, such as; “Dashboard” or “Welcome”
- AJAX verification for username and email accounts
- Choose between different styles: stacked (default) or wide
- Advanced usage includes: Assign login and register modals to menu items, support for custom CSS, several hooks are available as well
New Features in the latest version (1.0.5):
- Compatible with the latest WordPress 3.9 release
- Plugin is multilingual friendly (multilingual support)
- Plugin is available for download in Russian and Spanish
- A huge thanks to Artem Belov who translated the plugin to Russian.
- Big thanks to all of our forum support comments, troubleshooting questions and suggestions
While we hope for perfection every time we make an update to the plugin, we do realize that bugs (aka gremlins) surface. We appreciate the constant feedback and are extremely grateful when you bring them to our attention. We currently have a demo site dedicated to the plugin, in case you want to see what the plugin does. We are working on the following improvements for our next update:
- Login compatibility for WordPress Networking (multisite)
- Modal bug fix
- Other major issues reported in the zM Ajax Login & Register Forum